Most of us are having problem in verifying our Paypal accounts because of the long process it takes. Some methods require us to wait for weeks and even prepare lots of documents. The good thing is there is already a fast and reliable way to verify your Paypal account here in the Philippines. In this post I will share my own experience on how I verified my Paypal account using RCBC MyWallet Visa Card.
RCBC MyWallet Visa Card is a reloadable debit card that you can use to pay in stores, send and receive money or pay your bills. You can only spend how much you loaded in your card so you don't have to worry from overspending. It comes in different types, there is a Mercury Drug card and mine is a black card, I don't know what is the difference. For more information about RCBC MyWallet Visa Card visit this page - RCBC MyWallet Visa Card FAQ.
How to apply for RCBC MyWallet Visa Card?
Step 1. First you need to prepare one valid photo-bearing identification card. In my case I used a Postal ID. Here is a list of valid IDs you can use:
- Driver's License
- Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) ID
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance
- Police Clearance
- Postal ID
- Voter's ID
- Barangay Certification
- Government Services and Insurance System (GSIS) e-Card
- Social Security System (SSS) Card
- Philhealth Card
- Senior Citizen Card
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- OFW ID
- Seaman's Book
- Alien Certification of Registration / Immigrant Certificate of Registration
- Government Office ID (e.g. Armed Forces of the Philippines)
- Home Development Mutual fund (HDMF) ID
- Certification from the National Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons (NCWDP)
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Certification
- Company IDs issued by government-owned companies
- Tax Identification (TIN) Card
- Other valid IDs issued by the Government and its instrumentalities
Step 2. If you already have a valid ID you can now visit an RCBC branch near you. Tell them that you are applying for an RCBC MyWallet Visa Card and fill-up all the necessary forms that they will give you. Just a tip from my experience, don't forget to give them your e-mail address and tell them to enter it in their database. This will be needed in the next steps.
Step 3. Deposit an amount not lower than Php120.00. You will need this for the required initial load and also for the Paypal verification fee which is about Php100.00 that will be deducted from your account upon activation. Don't worry, Paypal will refund this amount after successful verification of your account.
Step 4. Wait for the card, you will receive the card immediately, you don't have to wait for days or weeks like in EON Debit Card of Union Bank. After receiving the card wait for an hour for it to get activated by their system. To know if your card is already active try to use it in an ATM. You can also check it online using this website - Bancnet Online -RCBC.
How to Verify Paypal Using RCBC MyWallet Visa Card?
Step 1. Login to your Paypal account.
Step 2. Click on Add Debit/Credit card.
Step 3. Fill-up the form. Double check all the information you enter and make sure that the address is the same with the one you used in your RCBC account.
- Card type - select VISA
- Card Expiry - At the front of the card where it says" Expires End"
- Card Security Code - 3 digit number found at the back of the card
- Card Number - 16 digit number found at the front of the card
Step 4. Save and continue. Paypal will deduct an amount and send a code in your RCBC account. That is a 4-digit EXPUSE (expande use) code which you will need to finally verify your account.
Step 5. To get the EXPUSE you have to e-mail RCBC and request for it. Make sure to include these informations in your e-mail:
- Your full name
- Your 16-digit card number
- Your issuing branch
- Your date of birth
- Your telephone/mobile phone number
- Your ddress
- The date you link your card
- The e-mail address I told you to tell RCBC to enter in their database.
Send it to email@example.com.
Step 6. Now wait for their reply to get your EXPUSE code. Mine takes 12 hours before they replied.
Step 7. When you receive your EXPUSE you need to login to your Paypal account again to finish the verification process. Just enter the EXPUSE code and your done. You now have a verified Paypal account.
How to add RCBC as your bank in Paypal?
Withdrawing your funds to your bank account instead of withdrawing directly to your card is a lot more cheaper. It will only cost Php50.00 and free if you withdraw above Php7,000.00 so you may want to add your RCBC bank account in your paypal account. RCBC will also deduct Php10.00 for every successful Paypal transfer. To do this follow these simple steps:
1. Login to your Paypal account.
2. Click Add/Edit Bank.
3. Fill-up the form, double check to make sure it is correct.
4. For the bank code enter this, 010280014. Visit this link for a complete list of Paypal bank codes in the Philippines.
5. Save it and your done. You now have added your bank account in your Paypal account.
Thank you for taking your time in reading this guide on how to verify Paypal using RCBC MyWallet Visa Card. May this guide help you., good luck in verifying your Paypal account.